We believe that an effective church is a church that reaches beyond itself.
Outreach minutes - November 2012
The next meeting of the Outreach Group is Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM at John and Carol Powell’s house, 11 Morewood Dr, Pittsfield. All are welcome!
Some of our Outreach Ministries:
- Angel Tree Ministry—buying Christmas presents for children whose parent is in prison.
- Habitat-for-Humanity– Attend two work days as assigned and support some projects financially.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry—Knit shawls for people who may be ill, lonely, grieving, or celebrating.
- Support Lenox Food Pantry—Deliver supplies and work in the pantry.
- Support the missions of the Christian Center in Pittsfield
- Hospitality Committee— visit new potential members and newcomers to the church.
- Art classes at Lenox Community Center
- Reading and companionship at nursing homes
- We provide space for groups such as AA , Interfaith groups, prayer groups, shape note singing, music lessons and the Berkshire Concert Choir.
- Boomerang Invalid Society—we give financial aid to this mission in St. Petersburg, Russia. They are involved in helping disabled pensioners get back to leading productive lives.
- Micro-loans through Kiva
- Penieal Shephard Mission—a mission provided by a church in Accra, Ghana. We donated instruments to assist in their musical ministry. We raised money to send a van so that they could take their ministry “on the road.”
We are involved in our Massachusetts State Conference in raising funds for Our Churches Wider Mission, and we do both hands on and financial ministries in our country and around the world.